NLADA is pleased to invite you to another in our informational series for legal aid providers interested in taking advantage of federal grant opportunities.
On Thursday, October 30th 2 PM – 3 PM ET (11 AM – Noon PT) we will highlight a tremendous opportunity for civil legal aid programs to collaborate with health centers funded by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
HRSA has long promoted comprehensive preventive health care services that address the social determinants of health. In recognition of the link between health and legal needs for vulnerable and low-income populations, HRSA recently clarified that civil legal aid may be included in the range of “enabling services” that HRSA-funded health centers can provide to meet the primary care needs of the population and communities they serve.
Numerous community-based organizations and other potential partners are actively seeking programmatic and funding partnerships with HRSA-funded health centers. Civil legal aid is uniquely situated to gain the attention of local health centers and formalize funding relationships that promote both organizations’ missions.
This webinar will include a brief top level overview of HRSA and the public health system; insights from HRSA leadership on the importance of civil legal aid to its mission; examples from the National Health Law Program of the wide range of fundable services that legal aid programs already provide; strategies from the National Center on Medical Legal Partnerships for identifying health center partners and pitching your program as an appropriate partner to provide “enabling services.”
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Jen Joseph,Office of Policy and Program Development, Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Ellen Lawton,The National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership, The Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University
- Jane Perkins, Legal Director, National Health Law Program
- Karen Lash, Senior Counsel, Access to Justice Initiative, U.S. Department of Justice
- Camille D. Holmes, Director, Leadership & Racial Equity, National Legal Aid & Defender Association
We hope you, or your appropriate colleague, can join us. Registration is required.Please share this invitation with any legal services advocates and leaders that would benefit from this information.