Description: This solicitation seeks applications for grant funding for Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Grants Focused on Increasing Enrollment of American Indian/Alaska Native Children (henceforth referred to as Connecting Kids to Coverage – AI/AN Grants), provided under the Section 2113 of the Social Security Act, as amended by section 10203(d)(2)(E)(i) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) (P.L. 111-148). A total of $4 million is available for grants to eligible entities, including the Indian Health Service (IHS), Tribes and Tribal organizations operating health programs under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (ISDEAA) (P.L. 93-638, as amended), and Urban Indian organizations operating health programs under title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA) (P.L. 94-437, as amended.) Coalitions headed by eligible entities may also receive grants. These grants will support outreach strategies aimed at increasing enrollment of eligible AI/AN children in Medicaid and the Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP), emphasizing activities tailored to communities where AI/AN children and families reside and enlisting community leaders and programs that serve eligible children and families. These grants also will fund activities designed to help families understand new application procedures and health coverage opportunities, including Medicaid, CHIP and coverage through the health insurance marketplace.
Funding Title: Connecting Kids To Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Grants Focused on Increasing Enrollment of American Indian/Alaska Native Children
Agency Name: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Funding Instrument Type: Grant
Express Language for Legal Aid: Yes
Target Population: American Indian/Alaska Native children
Expected Number of Awards: 15
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
How to Apply: This solicitation serves as the application package for this grant and contains all 13the instructions that a potential applicant requires to apply for grant funding. The application should be written primarily as a narrative with the addition of standard forms required by the federal government for all grants. Applicants are required by HHS to submit their applications in the form of a complete electronic application package, including all required forms, to http://www.grants.gov. For assistance with Grants.gov, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-518-4726.
Current Closing Date for Applications: Jun 30, 2014
Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,000,000
Award Ceiling: $500,000
Award Floor: $250,000
Indian Health Service Providers
Tribes and Tribal organizations operating a health program under the ISDEAA (P.L. 93-638, as amended)
Urban Indian organizations operating a health program under the IHCIA (P.L. 94-437, as amended)
Policy and Regulations on Use of Funds:
- The following standard requirements apply to applications under this solicitation.
- Specific administrative and policy requirements of applicants, as outlined in 45 CFR 92, apply to this grant opportunity.
- All awardees receiving awards under these grant programs must meet requirements, to the extent they apply to the eligible entities, of:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975,
- Hill-Burton Community Service nondiscrimination provisions, and
- Title II Subtitle A of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- All equipment, staff, and other budgeted resources and expenses must be used exclusively for the projects identified in the applicant’s original grant application or agreed upon subsequently with CMS, and may not be used for any prohibited uses.
- Consumers and other stakeholders must have meaningful input into the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the project.
Current/Past Funding Recipients: 2013
Samples of Successful Application:
Link to Full Information:
1. Programmatic Content
CMS will provide technical assistance to potential applicants through a variety of mechanisms. Please check our website at http://www.insurekidsnow.gov/professionals/index.html for complete instructions for obtaining answers to specific programmatic questions related to your application. In addition, CMS will post frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers on the same website.34
2. Administrative Questions
Administrative questions about the Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Grants may be directed to: OAGMGrantsBaltimore@cms.hhs.gov.CMS will hold at least two applicant teleconferences to provide an opportunity to ask questions about this solicitation. Please visit www.insurekidsnow.gov for dates, times and call-in information.