Applications Due: February 11, 2016, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
Recognizing that individuals who are 50 years of age or older who are victims of abuse in later life, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, exploitation, and neglect, face unique barriers to receiving assistance, Congress created the Enhanced Training and Services to End Abuse in Later Life Program (Abuse in Later Life Program). In Fiscal Year 2016, OVW plans to fund projects that will support a comprehensive approach to addressing elder abuse in their communities. These projects will provide training to criminal justice professionals to enhance their ability to address elder abuse, neglect and exploitation; provide cross-training opportunities to professionals working with older victims; establish or support a coordinated community response to elder abuse; and provide or enhance services for victims who are 50 years of age or older (hereinafter “older victims”).
In FY 2016, funds under the Abuse in Later Life Program must be used for the following purposes:
- Providing training programs to assist law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, agencies of states or units of local government, population specific organizations, victim service providers, victim advocates, and relevant officers in federal, tribal, state, territorial, and local courts in recognizing and addressing instances of elder abuse;
- Providing or enhancing services for victims of abuse in later life, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, exploitation, and neglect;
- Establishing or supporting multidisciplinary collaborative community responses to victims of abuse in later life, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, exploitation, and neglect; and
- Conducting cross-training for law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, agencies of states or units of local government, attorneys, health care providers, population specific organizations, faith-based advocates, victim service providers, and courts to better serve victims of abuse in later life, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, exploitation, and neglect.
Funding Title: OVW FY 2016 Enhanced Training and Services to End Abuse in Later Life Program
Agency Name: Office on Violence Against Women
Funding Opportunity Number: OVW-2016-9085
Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement
Express Language for Legal Aid: No
Target Population: Adult and minor victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking in rural communities
Expected Number of Awards: 8
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
Estimated Total Program Funding: $3,000,000
Award Ceiling: $400,000
Award Floor: $0
How to Apply:
Letter of Registration: Applicants intending to apply for FY 2016 funding under this program, are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of registration. The letter should state that the applying organization is registered and current with the System for Award Management (SAM) and with Grants.gov. The letter should be submitted to OVW at OVW.Elder@usdoj.gov by January 21, 2016. This will ensure that the applicant is well-positioned to successfully submit a proposal by the application deadline. This letter will not obligate the applicant to submit an application.
Current Closing Date for Applications: by February 11, 2016, 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time
- Units of local government;
- Tribal governments or tribal organizations;
- Population specific organizations with demonstrated experience in assisting individuals over 50 years of age;
- Victim service providers with demonstrated experience in addressing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking; and
- State, tribal, or territorial domestic violence or sexual assault coalitions.
Link to Full Announcement: Here
Contact Information: For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact the OVW at (202) 307-6026.
Pre-Application Conference Calls: OVW will conduct two Pre-Application Conference Calls. During these calls, OVW staff will review the Abuse in Later Life Program requirements, review the solicitation, and allow for a brief question and answer session. Participation in these calls is optional.
The conference calls are tentatively scheduled for:
- January 6, 2016; 2 – 4 p.m. E.T.
- January 20, 2016; 2 – 4 p.m. E.T.
Anyone interested in submitting an application to the Abuse in Later Life Program may register to participate in a pre-application call. The total number of participants for each call is limited t0 30. Please note: Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis, and space is not guaranteed.
Interested participants from the same agency/jurisdiction are strongly encouraged to participate together so that as many communities as possible can join the call. OVW reserves the right to deny multiple registrations from a single agency/jurisdiction. To register, please e-mail or call Kimberly Shamberger at Kimberly.email@example.com or 202-514-7998. Registration must be received at least two days prior to the start of the call.