Applications Due: November 8, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
Recognizing that individuals who are 50 years of age or older who are victims of abuse in later life, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, exploitation, and neglect, face unique barriers to receiving assistance, Congress created the Enhanced Training and Services to End Abuse in Later Life Program (Abuse in Later Life Program). In Fiscal Year 2017, OVW plans to fund projects that will support a comprehensive approach to addressing elder abuse in their communities. These projects will provide training to criminal justice professionals to enhance their ability to address elder abuse, neglect and exploitation; provide cross-training opportunities to professionals working with older victims; establish or support a coordinated community response to elder abuse; and provide or enhance services for victims who are 50 years of age or older (hereinafter “older victims”).
Funding Title: OVW FY 2017 Enhanced Training and Services to End Abuse in Later Life Program
Agency Name: Office on Violence Against Women
Funding Opportunity Number: OVW-2017-13480
Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement
Express Language for Legal Aid: No
Target Population: Individuals who are 50 years of age or older who are victims of abuse
Expected Number of Awards: 2
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
Estimated Total Program Funding: $2,300,000
Award Ceiling: $400,000
Award Floor: $0
How to Apply:
Letter of Registration: Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of registration to OVW.Elder@usdoj.gov by October 25, 2017. This will ensure that applicants are well-positioned to successfully submit an application by the deadline. Submitting a Letter of Registration will not obligate potential applicants to submit an application. Interested applicants who do not submit a Letter of Registration are still eligible to apply.
Pre-Application Information Sessions: OVW will conduct two Pre-Application Information Sessions. During these sessions, OVW staff will review the Abuse in Later Life Program requirements, review the solicitation, and allow for a brief question and answer session. Participation in these sessions is optional. The sessions are tentatively scheduled for:
- September 27, 2017, 2 – 4 p.m. E.T.
- October 3, 2017, 2 – 4 p.m. E.T.
To register, please contact Kimberly Shamberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Closing Date for Applications: by November 8, 2017, 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time
- Units of local government;
- Tribal governments or tribal organizations;
- Population specific organizations with demonstrated experience in assisting individuals over 50 years of age;
- Victim service providers with demonstrated experience in addressing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking; and
- State, tribal, or territorial domestic violence or sexual assault coalitions.
For this solicitation, OVW will accept applications for the Abuse in Later Life Program from the following:
- New applicants that have never received funding or who received funding in FY 2002 through FY 2004 under the Abuse in Later Life Program
- Continuation applicants that have an existing award under the Abuse in Later Life Program or who received funding in FY 2009 – FY 2014
- Grant recipients that received funding under the Abuse in Later Life Program in FY 2015 or 2016 are NOT eligible to apply
Link to Full Announcement: Here
Contact Information: For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact the OVW at (202) 307-6026 or email OVW.Elder@usdoj.gov.
Categories: Consumer, Department of Justice, Domestic Violence, Elderly, Federal Agency, Government Organizations, Native American Tribes or Tribal Organizations, Non-profit Organizations, Subgrant Possibilities, Victims of Crime