Applications are due March 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a non-binding Letter of Intent to OVW.email@example.com by March 11, 2020. This letter confirms that the applicant has registered with SAM and Grants.gov.
OVW Grants to Prevent and Respond to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Against Children and Youth Program (CY Program) support comprehensive, community-based efforts to develop or expand prevention, intervention, treatment, and response strategies to address the needs of children and youth impacted by domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. There is express language for legal aid.
There are three priority areas:
- Increase efforts to combat stalking
- Address specific challenges rural communities face in responding to violence, sexual assault, and stalking
- Empower victims to a place of self-sufficiency (i.e., going beyond immediate victim services).
- NLADA recently presented at the MIE Fundraising Conference on how civil legal aid serves victims of crime. Access the PowerPoint here.
- The Justice in Government Project at American University has curated research briefs on how civil legal aid assists domestic violence survivors, elder abuse survivors and children. You can access these briefs here.
- Want help making your case? The Justice Index scores and ranks states on their adoption of best practices for ensuring access to justice. Find how well your state is doing here.
Funding Title: OVW Grants to Prevent and Respond to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Against Children and Youth Program (CY Program)
Agency Name: Department of Justice – Office on Violence Against Women
Funding Opportunity Number: OVW-2020-18272
Funding Instrument Type: Grant
Express Language for Legal Aid: Yes! There are several references to civil legal aid. Legal aid programs must provide a Legal Assistance Certification pursuant to 34 U.S.C. § 12291(b)(12). For more information, see page 8.
Target Population: Children and youth who have been impacted by domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking
Expected Number of Awards: 11
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,800,000
Award ceiling: $500,000
Award floor: $0
Award information: Applications are due March 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a non-binding Letter of Intent to OVW.firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2020. This letter confirms that the applicant has registered with SAM and Grants.gov.
Eligible Applicants: Nonprofit, nongovernmental entities; tribal organizations; Indian tribal governments; and units of local government or agencies of units of local government in the United States or U.S. territories
For more information
Contact Information: For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email OVW at email@example.com. Alternatively, interested parties may call OVW at 202-307-6026.
Other information: OVW will post a pre-recorded Pre-Application Information Session on its website for entities interested in submitting an application for this program. This session is optional. The session is tentatively scheduled to be available by February 27, 2020 on the OVW website at https://www.justice.gov/ovw/resources-applicants.
Categories: Children, Department of Justice, Express Language for Legal Aid, Family, Government Organizations, Native American Tribes or Tribal Organizations, Non-profit Organizations, Rural, Subgrant Possibilities, Victims of Crime