Applications Due: March 9, 2016, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
This program is authorized by 42 U.S.C. § 14045 to develop and implement outreach strategies targeted at, and provide victim services to, adult and youth victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking in underserved populations. Grant funds are used to provide enhanced services to underserved populations; build the capacity of both mainstream organizations and organizations serving underserved populations to provide culturally appropriate and inclusive services; and to increase training and outreach activities targeted at organizations providing services to underserved populations. FY 2016 is the first time a competitive solicitation is being released for the Grants for Outreach and Services to Underserved Populations (Underserved Program).
In FY 2016, funds under the Underserved Program may be used for the following purposes:
1. Working with federal, state, tribal, territorial and local governments, agencies, and organizations to develop or enhance population specific services;
2. Strengthening the capacity of underserved populations to provide population specific services;
3. Strengthening the capacity of traditional victim service providers to provide population specific services;
4. Strengthening the effectiveness of criminal and civil justice interventions by providing training for law enforcement, prosecutors, judges and other court personnel on domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking in underserved populations; or
5. Working in cooperation with an underserved population to develop and implement outreach, education, prevention, and intervention strategies that highlight available resources and the specific issues faced by victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking from underserved populations.
Funding Title: OVW FY 2016 Grants for Outreach and Services to Underserved Populations
Agency Name: Office on Violence Against Women
Funding Opportunity Number: OVW-2016-9151
Funding Instrument Type: Grant
Express Language for Legal Aid: Yes
Target Population: Victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, and that are designed primarily for and are targeted to a specific underserved population
Expected Number of Awards: 16
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,800,000
Award Ceiling: $300,000
Award Floor: $300,000
How to Apply:
Registration: To ensure all applicants have ample time to complete the registration process, applicants must obtain a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number, register online with the System for Award Management (SAM) and with Grants.gov immediately, but no later than February 16, 2016.
Letter of Registration: Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of registration to
OVW.Underserved@usdoj.gov by February 18, 2016. This will ensure that applicants are well-positioned to successfully submit their applications by the deadline. This letter will not obligate potential applicants to submit an application. Interested applicants who do not submit a Letter of Registration are still eligible to apply.
Pre-Application Information Sessions:
OVW will conduct two web-based Pre-Application Information Sessions. During these sessions,
OVW staff will review the Underserved Program requirements, review the solicitation, and allow for a brief question and answer session. Participation in these calls is optional.
The sessions are tentatively scheduled for:
- February 2, 2016, 2 – 4 pm ET
- February 4, 2016, 3 – 5 pm ET
Anyone interested in submitting an application to the Underserved Program may register to participate in a pre-application information session.
To register for the web-based session please e-mail Thelma Bailey at OVW.Underserved@usdoj.gov. ASL Interpreters will be available for both information sessions.
Current Closing Date for Applications: by March 9 2016, 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time
Eligible Applicants: Eligible entities for this program are:
- Deaf programs;
- LGBT organizations;
- Religious minority organizations;
- Nonprofit organizations that have received an award under the Abuse Later in Life (ALL) grant program in FY 2009 – FY 2012;
- Nonprofit organizations that have received two continuation awards under the Training and Services to End Violence Against Women with Disabilities Grant Program (Disability Grant Program); and
- Culturally specific organizations for which the primary purpose of the organization as a whole is to provide culturally specific services to American Indians (including Alaska Natives, Eskimos, and Aleuts), Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders, Blacks, or Hispanics and propose a project that focuses solely on sexual assault.
Link to Full Announcement: Here
Contact Information: For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact Amy Loder at (202) 305-2971 or Amy.Loder@usdoj.gov.
In Fiscal Year 2016, OVW applications for the Grants for Outreach and Services to Underserved Populations grant program will be submitted through Grants.gov. For technical assistance with Grants.gov, please contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 1-800-518-4726.
Categories: Children, Department of Justice, Domestic Violence, Express Language for Legal Aid, Non-profit Organizations, Subgrant Possibilities, Victims of Crime
Leave a Reply